Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Reed Re-design

Just trying to make the design better. Here's what I started with:


I sketched out some ideas on a post-it note, that I don't have copies of. But I wanted the logo to tell more about the company, and also match their current website colors. I first tried to see what it would look like if I just changed the words, only to get a starting point for ideas.



There's too many colors, gradients, and that bar at the bottom just doesn't work, the name is hard to read in the center, and the book cuts it up funny. It feels imbalanced.

So I streamlined it, cut out the gradients, added a simple gavel to infer the law connection, and punched up the size of the font, added slant for "movement".


Since not everything falls under the multistate, then I made one that just focuses on the whole topic in general. It kinda reminds me of the USPS logo, also something to do with government.





No comments: